Welcome to the online home of Jewish Family Congregation—a unique and vital center of Jewish life in Northern Westchester County. Small and energetic, welcoming, progressive, and egalitarian, JFC is distinctive for being warm, embracing and intimate. With our innovative, creative and friendly Rabbi, Marcus Burstein, our very talented Cantor, Kerry Ben David, our award-winning educators in our religious school and early childhood center, JFC is a home of diverse families and singles, welcoming those of various ages and Jewish backgrounds as well as LGBT and interfaith households. We worship with energy, joy, reverence and beautiful music; explore and deepen our Jewish identities; share the happiest and most meaningful times in our lives; support one another in times of sadness and challenge; and grow and learn as Jews, residents of Westchester, and citizens of the global community.
Please take the time to explore our website and to get an inkling, if only virtually, of what makes JFC so special. If you're intrigued and want to learn more, please accept our invitation to get to know us in person by being our guest for Shabbat services some Friday evening or Saturday morning, by sitting in on a torah study class, by attending one of our many special programs, by checking out our JFC history project, all of which you can explore preliminarily on our website. Or feel free to call one of us to chat or drop by to meet our Rabbi, our Cantor and our teachers.
One way or another, on-line or in person, spend some time with us and see why we're all so proud to call JFC our home.
Glenn Kurlander and Hal Wolkin, co-Presidents
What better way to wish family, friends and business associates a “Sweet and Healthy New Year” than sending honey?
Place your honey order now!
This distinctive 8-ounce jar of kosher honey arrives in time for the Rosh Hashanah holiday, decorated with a festive label, and includes a personalized card reading “L’Shana Tova—Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year.” This card also lets the recipients know that a donation has been made in their honor to JFC’s Sisterhood.
Your cost is $10.00 per jar. There is a $4.00 shipping and handling fee for orders placed after July 21.
Please join us for Shabbat services, Friday, September 12 at 7:30 pm. We will be chanting for Parshat Ki Tavo.
Please join us for Shabbat services on Saturday, September 13, 10 am. Mazal Tov to Elyse Sherr and Heather Sherr and their family on the sisters becoming Bat Mitzvah at this service.
1. Religious School registration update: Class lists for all K through 7 registrants have been established and all personal requests have been honored. For families who have not yet enrolled their child/ren, please do so as soon as possible; we will do our best to honor all incoming requests but cannot guarantee placement at this time. We look forward to a very special school year with many new and returning students.
2. Back to School Reminder for Parents:1. Students need to bring a healthy snack to Religious School for grades K-7 (no nuts or tree nuts, please).2. We encourage a weekly donation of any amount to our Tzedakah Program.3. All students are given a kippah to wear each time we meet for services and music in the sanctuary. These cotton kippot are washed according to NYS Health Department standards every time they are used, without exception, as we believe these sanitary measures are in the best interest of our families.4. Class lists will be emailed before the start of school.5. Click here for first day of school dates.
3. Register now for the Religious School Challah Program for the 2014-15 school year. Click here to access flyer.
4. Click here for 2014-15 Religious School Calendar.
5. STARS Flyer can be found here.
6. Kids Knesset - Student Government Program for grades K-6. Meetings take place Thursdays and Sundays during the Religious School year. Complete form to volunteer.
Click here for Religious School forms. Please be sure to complete a Health and Safety form for each student and return to JFC at your earliest convenience. If you prefer to download the form, print, fill and return to the office, click here.
Register on here and save a tree!
1.Join us for our Back to School Picnic on Friday, September 12, from 10:00-12:00 pm. You will have the chance to visit your classrooms, meet your teachers, and pick your cubby.
2. The first day of school is Monday, September 15 at 9:15 am. If you need an early drop off any day, you must sign up on the clipboard in front of Jane's office. We can't wait to see you all, and hear the building filled with the sounds of children.
3. If you are interested in volunteering to help in our classroom, we would love to have some special guests. Please call Jane Emmer today at 914-763-3028 andlet her know if you would like to come cook, be a mystery reader, or share a special project with our school.
4. Register now for the ECC Challah program for the 2014-2015 School year.
Back To School
contact Jane Emmer at 914-763-3028 x 15.
7:30pm Sep.19.2014 - 8:30pm Sep.19.2014 Shabbat services, free babysitting
Sep.20.2014 10:30am - 12:30pm Shabbat service including Zachary Brand Bar Mitzvah
Sep.20.2014 8:00pm - 9:00pm Selichot
Sep.24.2014 Erev Rosh HaShana
7:30pm Sep.24.2014 - 8:30pm Sep.24.2014 Rosh Hashanah Evening service
Sep.25.2014 - Sep.26.2014 JFC Office Closed
Click to open the reader
Click here to download a pdf version to your computer
Jewish Family Congregation 111 Smith Ridge RoadPO Box 249South Salem, New York 10590P: (914)-763-3028F: (914)-763-3069